HybridZ

turbo swap

woodboxer

Well I finially scraped the 84 trubo donor car, and in the week before Christmas we installed the turbo into my 86 300zx. Problem is it won"t start , ( was running good before we tore the 84 apart). Here is my question,,,,do I have to jump the electricial harness to fool it into thinking the car is in park? the car turns over, and there is a cliking in the gas sending unit as well as a hissing sound in the front of the motor.

post-2109-027297100 1293664199_thumb.jpg

post-2109-036213100 1293664231_thumb.jpg

Check for the three basic things a car needs to run. and report back. And yes it either needs to be in park or neutral to start.

How do I check to see if it is getting gas? I felt the lines and I can feel it vibrating, as well does anyone know how to by pass the switch? If needed I can get a pic of the plug ends.

thanks bob

Check for the three basic things a car needs to run. and report back. And yes it either needs to be in park or neutral to start.

I forgot to mention that the donor car was an automatic, but my car s 5speed so I can't put it i park or neutral, thats why I asked about fooling it by doing a bypass to think its in park or neutral. ANy help would be appreciated,,,, thanks and Happy New Year bob

• 2 weeks later...