HybridZ

My 260Z, L28 engine questions

Hi all

I own a European 1978 Datsun 260Z with original L26 engine. The engine still goes nicely, but it uses oil like hell and I sometjimes see some oil spillage. I want to change the engine and keep all the parts I have now. My current engine is a L-26 with E88 head.My car is fairly standard, apart from the carburettor setup and the spaghetti-exhaust manifold.Here is a picture form my carbs:

http://s813.photobucket.com/albums/zz51/H3nrY_/Datsun%20260Z/?action=view&current=P1000664.jpg

I think it´s best to go with the L-28 engine and N42-block with stock camshaft, as my car is not altered. It will give me a nice performance addition I guess?

As I live in Belgium, Z parts and cars are hard to find. I would like to order an engine on e-bay. I noticed a couple of items for sale from a Top-rated seller:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Datsun-Z-240Z-260Z-280Z-N42-L28-Long-Block-Engine-Motor-/160529317459?pt=Motors_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories&hash=item25604afe53

Now my questions would be fairly easy for you guys, thats why i ask them here :)

- Will I still be able to use the carb manifold on the N42 head ?

- I have a 5-speed european gearbox, I guess I can also use this on the L28?

- Should I go for the N42 block with F54 stage 2 cam ?

- Are there other things I need to know about (hidden costs - installation issues for this conversion?

Sorry about all the questions, I am a bit of a noob concerning these things, but I want a clear list of things to do.

If you are to take some time and search either using the search function or through the dedicated technical information forums you would find your answer to all the questions you have asked. All of these are very basic questions and have been answered more than once on this board. Something you will find on this board is we are not big on repeating information over and over again. This board has been around for 10+ years and it has enough information to build from the most mild to an extreme z. Take a few hours and search around, you will learn more than you expect. ;)