HybridZ

is this my third or fouth Z?

hello hello hybridz!

So many cool cars being built right now! very motivating to hear about so many people building/pushing thier cars...!

So first was my 76z, 4th car, first sports car. crushed, the rust had its way with that car.

second, the car I bought to replace the first, a 78 out of a barn(a very dark barn) 10 years of rot in the tank and 50lbs of bondo in the body.. what a sad joke. I still have the car, I have replaced massive amounts of sheetmetal for practice. it may even see the road again.

third, and this is the tricky one.. a 79 280zx. I didnt like them befor owning this one but it has grown on me. Im glad I have vinyl seats. that might have been a deal breaker. tockico shocks and springs and good brakes. this car has takin alotta crap from me hehe

and now we arrive at my newest, a 78z. Zeeta! It was named by its second(?) owner, the car came with alot of old bills etc. it was on a few of the shop invoices heh Im #4 or something like that.

Soo.. Here I go again. to be continued.

Sam

post-525-056505000 1296278838_thumb.jpg

post-525-009738400 1296279914_thumb.jpg

post-525-052278600 1296280266_thumb.png

a quickie..

Soo I have had a Z for like 10 years now and I have been picking up go fast goodies whenever I am able. I have also been honing my fabrication and mechanic skills. oh yea.. lotsa tool buyin too.

Ill be building this car as as I am able alongside a coupla others. I'm hopin this one is done first. Im hoping to spend a good bit of time on the track and watching phil and cameron has meant track day dreams were normally in a Z.

Everyone loves pics right?

first up was some rust repair, not very much really. Ill have abit more ahead of me, itll get taken care of as I work on certain areas of the car.

Next was a biggie. camber plates.coilovers.poly bushings.wilwoods. phew.. long coupla days there.

I have abit of a dilemma at the moment. The interior in back is still taken apart from the camber plates. to roll bar or not to roll bar that is the question. The roll bar pic is one I built for a 944t.

aside from that, next major project is an engine bay repaint and update. maybe even swap my mc so i can enjoy my brakes.

to be continued..

Sam

post-525-094314700 1296281676_thumb.jpg

post-525-057021100 1296282096_thumb.jpg

post-525-039868200 1296282283_thumb.jpg

post-525-096853900 1296282458_thumb.jpg