HybridZ

17x9 Cobra Rims

I can get a set of 17 x 9 Cobra rims from a guy with new tires for $300.

I don't know what the offset is. I think the bolt pattern is 4x108 though

So I'll have to use adapters:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/4x4-5-114-3-4x100-4x108-Wheel-4-Rim-Adapters-1-_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQhashZitem255f676140QQitemZ160514400576QQptZMotorsQ5fCarQ5fTruckQ5fPartsQ5fAccessories#ht_4042wt_939

They are identical to these:

29641980004_large.jpg

Does any know if they will fit for sure, maybe from experience?

Thanks for the help.

May be able to fit on a ZX, with properly spaced adapters. If I recall properly, most of the 4-lug Fox 17x9's are around +24mm offset.

If thats true about the offset that would be around 6" of backspacing and a 280zx needs about 4" of backspacing if I remember correctly, someone else could confirm this but you would need like a 2" spacer/adapter to get that to work and also that would stick the wheel/tire out out pretty far and it may not even fit under the fenders. The reason it may fit on the S30 in the pic above is because for a stock S30 the backspacing needed is about 4.5 so they are probably using a 1 inch adapter. Personally I don't like adapters/spacers and most tire shops won't touch cars with them for a reason because they can be unsafe but its up to you. There is a difference between spacers and adapters. Spacers are usually fine since they are only a few mm thick most of the time but adapters are different and I have heard stories about them shearing off under hard cornering etc etc.

Edited by 19762802+2

If thats true about the offset that would be around 6" of backspacing and a 280zx needs about 4" of backspacing if I remember correctly, someone else could confirm this but you would need like a 2" spacer/adapter to get that to work and also that would stick the wheel/tire out out pretty far and it may not even fit under the fenders. The reason it may fit on the S30 in the pic above is because for a stock S30 the backspacing needed is about 4.5 so they are probably using a 1 inch adapter. Personally I don't like adapters/spacers and most tire shops won't touch cars with them for a reason because they can be unsafe but its up to you. There is a difference between spacers and adapters. Spacers are usually fine since they are only a few mm thick most of the time but adapters are different and I have heard stories about them shearing off under hard cornering etc etc.

I think you right. I don't see them fitting my zx. I'm not to fond of spacers/adapters either. I'm just going to polish my stock turbo rims and use that money for other upgrades.