HybridZ

Replacing floor pans

Guest kcambron

Guest kcambron

I am just getting to the task of replacing my floor pans(GGRRRRR) and would like to know the easiest way to remove them.

Will my frame "rack or twist" if I remove both of them? I don't want it to go down the road on three wheels!

Thanks for the tips!

I don't know what is the best thing to do, but I'll tell you how I am approaching this. I am only replacing one side at a time so that the car has the most amount of support left in the unibody. Also so I can square the new setup with the old framerails on the opposite side. Then sqaure the second frame rail from the first that was replaced. I am talking frame rails because I am replacing them when I do the floor as I suspect you will. I am using a combination of high speed cutter and air body saw to remove the old floorpans. Also I am doing this with the car supported by several jack stands. I thought about making a rotisserie, but decided the car would have more support on jack stands. Maybe I will put it on a rotisserie to finish some of the welding after everything is rigid. Good Luck

• 3 weeks later...