HybridZ

LC1 Problems

75280z

Car-

75 280z, 1983 l28et, stock injectors, MSnS-e MS1-v3. LC-1 WB, Stock dizzy

I just my car running again in the past week or so. So today I went out to do a little tinkering. Tuner Studio says there is an update so I updated, upon restart I noticed I was not getting a readable AFR it was sitting at 7.65 (0.00 volts). I thought that was weird went and checked on the wiring of my LC-1 I notice that the calibration wire is jammed under the relay box so after I get it out I figure maybe that was my problem. From what I can tell it isn't.

Here are the problems I can see.

1. Brown Wire (Analog 2) is putting out no voltage - Should be 5 Volts

2. Yellow Wire (Analog 1) is also not putting out voltage

3. The calibration wire when I connect for 3 seconds my LED doesn't blink while doing an open air calibration, in fact it seems to do nothing

I don't have a serial port on my computer so I can't run LM programmer. Has any one ever experienced this. It seems like my LC1 isn't outputing a voltage, The sensor is warming up so LC-1 is at least receiving power. I have 3 different sensors and I tried them all and I am stil not receiving an output. I am going to continue to look for an answer but any help would be appreciated.

The LED remains lit up it never blinks. Also when I ran the LC1 with no sensor, then plugged in a sensor it blinked while it warmed up that first time. Also I do have a serial to USB, I was reading and realized I could use that, but I don't have the terminator plug so it doesn't work it just stays on the trying to find device pop up.

Edited by 75280z

The LED remains lit up it never blinks. Also when I ran the LC1 with no sensor, then plugged in a sensor it blinked while it warmed up that first time. Also I do have a serial to USB, I was reading and realized I could use that, but I don't have the terminator plug so it doesn't work it just stays on the trying to find device pop up.

IIRC, you should be able to take a stereo plug and jumper the middle section to the tip for a homemade terminator plug.

I actually found my terminator plug (My garage was pretty unorganized). I flashed LC-1 with the newest firmware, and after several attempts LMworks now shows my gauge in open air as 20.6. That is somewhat good news; unfortunately I still am getting no usable voltage reading from Analog 1 or 2. A little earlier Analog 2 read about 4 volts, then it slowly decayed, that was before I got LMWorks working. Now that it is running I am seeing a steady correct reading in LMWorks, but no voltage on the Analog outputs.

Also another thing that has me confused when I connect the calibration wire to ground it should cause the voltage from the calibration wire to ground to go to 0.00volts until calibration is complete (The LED turns off, then turns on when complete), however when I connect it to ground and observe the LED or measure the voltage from the wire to ground it stays a solid 5.00 volts it should be going to zero correct. Also the error codes continue to blink if there is one correct it isn't a once and done thing right?

**Update, tried reprogramming the LC1 to give a flat 1volt output on either of the Analog outs it didn't do anything. SO here is what I am ordering, and I will be posting up a review mainly because there is free stuff if I do :D.

http://14point7.com/SLC-DIY.php

Edited by 75280z

• 2 weeks later...

I went through the wiring several times, as well as testing several different methods to see if I could get an output from the LC-1 all to no avail my analog output would never respond. I received my 14point7 DIY wideband controller in the mail today and will most likely be putting it together tomorrow. While my LC-1 has seen very little usage I bought it almost 4 years ago and it has pretty much been sitting as I have just finally got to a spot financially where I can regularly work on my car.

• 3 months later...

I hate when posts aren't closed out for searchings sake it makes it much more difficult to find answers.

I never was able to get the LC-1 to work properly, so I ended up finally installing the 14point7 controller and it interfaces very easily with Megasquirt.