HybridZ

N42 Head L28et

Two80z4me

I just spent the last hour looking at a 280zx turbo for sale by my house, the odd thing I ran into was this, its an L28ET ( I Peeked in and it does have dished pistons to complete the block ) but it has an N42 Head, is this an advantage to raising up the the compression? or is there something I'm missing?

The battery was dead, but I had driven the car before and it has some serious snap, more than the some other L28et's I've driven on the same PSI and set up.

Any info on why this is set up as so would be very great, the owner bought it as is and doesn't know why its this way, he just did a fine job maintaining it.

Thanks,

Sean.

There is nothing wrong with the N42 head it just raises the compression ratio to 8.3to 1 in a turbo motor. It just means you won't be able to run as much boost with pump gas. The setup in the L28et I am selling is with E85 as the fuel (105 octane) is a stock L28et bottom end with a rebuilt N42 head. With E85 the setup should be good to over 300rwh and have better low end response than a standard L28et. If you ran a simple methanol injection kit you could get away with running increased boost levels.

There is nothing wrong with the N42 head it just raises the compression ratio to 8.3to 1 in a turbo motor. It just means you won't be able to run as much boost with pump gas. The setup in the L28et I am selling is with E85 as the fuel (105 octane) is a stock L28et bottom end with a rebuilt N42 head. With E85 the setup should be good to over 300rwh and have better low end response than a standard L28et. If you ran a simple methanol injection kit you could get away with running increased boost levels.

Thats great news, I was thinking that was the only possible reason. I have a 1mm Nismo HG ready to go onto it when I put the motor into my S30. Between that and a hefty intercooler it should be safe in the >15psi range, it'll be on a megasquirt ECU so I can play with settings a little.

Thanks.