HybridZ

Indeys 76' 280z

Indey

Alright so my wheels came in, unfortunately the fronts were a full flat black, instead of a flat black with a polished lip. Oh well they were going to have to be redone anyways right? SO here's a few pictures of random stuff, and test fitting of the wheels.

Random of the car...

IMAG0083.jpg

As stated previously I had taken out the rear sound deadening, and the floor board looks rather....wavey, is this normal? and if not can anything be done about it?

IMAG0159.jpg

Monster truck oil change...

IMAG0165.jpg

16x8 +10 Flat Black

IMAG0217.jpg

17x8.5 +4 Gunmetal with a polished lip

IMAG0218.jpg

Fitting on the car...with the R40's

IMAG0219.jpg

IMAG0220.jpg

Herra Frush.

IMAG0221.jpg

Now the issues =P I'm definitely going to need spacers, I plan on running a 8MM spacer all around, effectively making it a F:+2 and R:-4 Offset

Rear Clearance.

IMAG0222.jpg

Front clearance...or well...lack there of clearance.

IMAG0224.jpg

And from far away to give it an overall look.

IMAG0225.jpg

Now the question I pose to you guys, does ARP make a set of extended studs for our cars? or am I going to have to go out and measure the stock studs and give them the specs so they can give me what i need.

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 3 weeks later...

Alright so, after driving around for a while, my clutch kept going out of adjustment, so i'd consistently have to adjust it, i knew this wasn't right but nothing had broken......yet, finally one day while driving to work, it was getting harder and harder to shift, and finally i couldnt pull it out of 3rd gear.

I dropped it off at the local Z shop, and got a ride to work, only later to find out, that my clutch fork had broken. Now it didn't just break once, no that'd be too simple. The point where it pivots had a hole in it, and from the hole, it split in 4 different directions. not only that, but when the trans came down, the trans mount, was split in half.

SO! I had the input shaft, output shaft, and rear main seal replaced, a new throwout bearing went in, and a new trans mount found its way in, and of course a new clutch fork.

I got it back, and it drove like a brand new car again, till 3 days later when in the alternator took a dump on me.

I do have pics of the alternator...

Out with the.....very old

IMAG0294.jpg

and in with the new!

IMAG0295.jpg

And my wheels made it back from the wheel shop! So I went and picked those up and did another test fit.

IMAG0298.jpg

IMAG0299.jpg

IMAG0300.jpg

IMAG0301.jpg

IMAG0303.jpg

IMAG0304.jpg

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Those look like they may tuck under the fenders with a little camber and fender rolling.

You know now that they're on they're almost perfectly flush in the rear. Needless to say I'm pretty happy with the outcome.

Here was the pile of stuff before the work

IMAG0468.jpg

And during the work there were of course problems. The front pass. side hard brake line snapped for no apparent reason so that got replaced as well

IMAG0484.jpg

IMAG0485.jpg

IMAG0486.jpg

IMAG0483.jpg

And finally it was all said and done!

IMAG0498.jpg

• 1 month later...

Alright so I ordered my switch and it arrived, installed it only to find, I still have no wipers! It would seem that issue still remains, oh well I enjoy replacing all the stuff on my cars with new parts anyways, new parts are clean and in proper shape!

And I got something to fix my exhaust as said! MSA's Twice Pipe set up. It's a good alternative to the huge ugly muffler that was on the car currently.

Here's a super quick video of it... It's just the exhaust and the MSA Y-pipe on a stock header, and stock intake/motor/etc.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

I haven't updated this in a while.... granted I haven't had much to say!

Christmas came around and I got a MSA Oil Cap

IMAG0687.jpg

Then last week I picked up some parts that had come in..... I'm still waiting on a few more things to arrive..

So the stuff that did arrive!

MSA Intake, Taylor Hi-Pro wires, Stainless Steel Clutch/ Brake Lines, and a Polyurethane Steering Coupler.

IMAG0761.jpg

I was glad to finally be rid of the old box intake that comes stock on these cars..

IMAG0762.jpg

Unfortunately when installing the MSA Intake there were two issues. First, the rubber arm to the AFM has a rip in it, and I'll need to replace that. Second, the bracket for the MSA Intake was nowhere near where it needed to be to bolt up, fortunately I had a piece of metal lying around that worked as a good bracket extension. I was disappointed in that none the less however.

IMAG0763.jpg

After a bit of struggling the old steering coupler came out and I quickly realized why my steering always felt a bit... off to say the least.

IMAG0764.jpg

The new piece went in nicely, and my steering feels so much better. I didn't think something like that would cause that much of an issue, but what would I know I came from the world of Honda's where the steering column bolts directly into the rack.

IMAG0765.jpg

I didn't get a picture of the wires on the car, and unfortunately, the stainless steel lines didn't go in either. On the first wheel (driver front) I went to undo the hardline from the soft line, and the bolt started to strip, even with a line wrench. So the lines will need to wait until I pick up a brake line flaring tool/bender/cutter. Then I can make some new hardlines and not have to worry!

Because I didn't get a picture of the wires that got installed..

IMAG0778.jpg

New shift boots, and intake/exhaust parts.

IMAG0779.jpg

Shift boot with holes...and a single screw holding it in place?

IMAG0780.jpg

Under the shift boot....it was worse!

IMAG0781.jpg

Things are starting to look correct...

IMAG0782.jpg

Almost there...

IMAG0783.jpg

Ahh.. thats much better.

IMAG0785.jpg

Great progress. I was just curious about the msa twice pipes you have there. Can you take pics on how the exhaust was installed. I also have the rbr but the exhaust shops said they couldnt install the exhaust cause there is no more space. Thanks

Huh.. That's odd mine fits with no issue, if you check the pictures above theres a back shot of the car somewhat showing the clearance on it. I'll try to get some better pictures when I'm at home however, what size RB-R's are you running?

• 7 months later...

So I haven't updated this thread in a while...Regardless I have quite a few new items to share...

My car is wonderful and I love it, however reliability had started to go down. It was just having all sorts of small little issues, and I'm the sort of "while I'm at it" type of person... I was running into cooling issues, fuel leaks, and just overall...not the best time. So I started purchasing parts to fix EVERYTHING!

First step was a MSA coated header.

IMAG0836.jpg

After this I had a bit of spare time so I cleaned up some stuff that previous owners had ruined..

Like these turn signals with spray paint on them.

IMAG0898.jpg

Not perfect, but it'll do as a temporary thing.

IMAG0911.jpg

I also resprayed the turn signal bezels.

IMAG0901.jpg

IMAG0904.jpg

Now...back to my original issues.... My injectors had been leaking from the hoses, I know this is a simple fix, however I also know this particular motor in my car is a swap (p90A non hydraulic head with a f54 block.) And quite simply... I don't trust other people's work... I know how I do things and I'd like to think that I do things...properly. Now as said I've had leaks in the fuel system, the stock fuel rail is bent a bit, all the hoses are old, and quite frankly...the stock set up is rather ugly. So I pulled up the EFI bible and started reading all about the fuel system trying to figure out what everything was. (Coming from newer cars this was actually a bit tricky for me) Regardless I made tons of sketches drawing up potential fuel set ups for the car, and finally settled on what I wanted and started ordering parts...

My friend had a JSK Fuel Rail from when he had a EFI Z, so I picked that up off of him..

IMAG1093.jpg

Cleaning out the threads..

IMAG1094.jpg

All threads cleaned and reassembled.

IMAG1169.jpg

And to end out this post.... random pics of the car...

IMAG1177.jpg

IMAG1179.jpg