HybridZ

My new baby needs a face lift!

feero101

Well pulled the rail today... Cleaned up the injectors and put it back in.. But now my solenoid is just clicking.. So I'll be picking up a new starter next week sometime. Hopefully then I can check my timing and hopefully work out all the kinks. Tomorrow I'm just going to skip too the interior and try some nice glass enclosures around the deck. Should turn out pretty good looking.

Finally made some progress on my Z this weekend! ripped out all the interior, carpet, center console, lower part of the dash, panels on the walls, spare tire mess, insulation, about $10 in loose change, and of course the seats. started working on the rust issues also. found a little more after i pulled everything out, but still i am pretty pleased with the state of the body! took out my trusty ole angle grinder with a wire brush on it to make quick of the paint removal in all effected areas. there are a few pits around the gas cap, cleaned up around it but im a little concerned as to how how deal with rust between the interior and exterior steel panels. not too familiar with stuff like that. The spare tire well is pretty bad looking after i removed the rust, pretty holey actually. But it will ultimately be deleted the further i go. Removed the rear bumper with some brute force lol. its pretty rusted along the driver side corner... should be nice and fun to repair. im thinking a few layers of POR15 with some glass over it will do the trick. its not a huge area of rust and its not a complete loss, just not the best shape. after that is all patched up i will be making my cardboard mold to pour in my 2 part foam so i can carve it down to shave the bumper, then add my glass and smooth it out. the designs i have for the interior will be pretty tricky.. but will most definitely pay off in the end. it will be a 100% custom glass over foam interior. the weather is actually suppose to be about 70s here the rest of the week so hopefully that will help with curing times of my foam and glass resin so this part of the resto wont take up a whole lot of time. and take a look at my hideous air damn.. that needs a change for sure. i think its held on my 2 rivets hahaha. Work in progress for sure! let me know what you guys think!

post-17012-041908200 1299609947_thumb.jpg

post-17012-098756300 1299609954_thumb.jpg

post-17012-071543700 1299609962_thumb.jpg

post-17012-050631900 1299609970_thumb.jpg

post-17012-046548100 1299609979_thumb.jpg

It has been a very busy weekend over here! made up my ghetto cardboard mold, worked pretty well. oh yeah!! my car runs now! apparently i failed to notice that the PO had somewhere along the line got the dist. off 180 degrees. switched the plug wires accordingly and fired right up! Its running a little rich but thats a lot better than not running at all!!! Im sure the timing is pretty off, and its running pretty rich. New sensors are on the way and the bumper is almost finished up. i need to repatch one of the blinker holes, some how managed to grind a whole through the fiberglass.

post-17012-071516300 1300151176_thumb.jpg

post-17012-038558200 1300151187_thumb.jpg

post-17012-096846500 1300151196_thumb.jpg