HybridZ

what do bubbles mean?

Guest BadKarmaCreepin

Guest BadKarmaCreepin

so i took the car over to the body shop to see how much the guy wanted to paint the airdam and fix the are around the tailpipe...and what does he see instantly that i had NEVER seen before??? a few freakin' bubbles in the paint around the wheel arches close to the ground, and some darker spots in the paint.

what does this mean?? loads of rust or just bad paint? maybe it's been my winter driving that's caused this mess...

and estimates at what it would cost to sand down the arches and repainting them? and would it just be worth it to do the entire body and repaint it? or maybe sell it....

Guest Zachb55

hey man if you dont want it ill take it :) , wait i take that back, if i find something wrong with it it would be a rolling chassis in a matter of weeks, and i really dont need another one of those, lol. Well i would just sand down the bad spots and treat the (hopefully not cancerous) rust, then maybe sand the rest of the car down and fix those other little imperfections and take it back to that guy or some other competent paint shop and let them shoot away. I certainly wouldnt get rid of it cause of some rust spots... just dont look under those seats, J/K.

Zach

I would not recomend driving a car that you want to keep nice, during the winter .The salt used on the roads eats cars up pretty fast.This is why so many people drive a beater during the winter months.Not to mention theidiots who can't drive in snowy conditions. Good Luck with the car ,you may have cought the rust early enough for an easy repair. Later Tom :roll: