HybridZ

*UPDATE* can i get rid of these if i do the megasquirt msII and relay board

82 turbo z

I'm going to be getting a MSII and relay board and was wondering if these were needed at all. I know things like the horn relay might need to be kept but what about the ignition relay since it will be a totally new ecu with its own ign stuff?? heres what i am wondering if i can get rid of

- The fusible links along with ign relay since i think the relay board comes with one

inlinefuses.jpg

-These Relays

Relays.jpg

and another thing im wondering about is the ignition module????

thanks any info will be helpful i've searched for weeks and cant really find anything on this exactly thanks!

Edited by 82 turbo z

You may want to read a wiring diagram. The fuseable links defenatly can go, but you'll need to put something there to distribute the power thru the car. I used a maxi size fuse block and ran everything to it. The relays are there to control headlights, horn, etc. Read the diagram for that. If your auto transmission, then its realy is there too. Dont be scared of wiring, think of it as point A to point B. Most things that the wiring connects to has a purpose.

I have a hard time reading wiring diagrams lol. Like i know the megasquirt will have its own ign/timing/fuel control and the relay board will have fuel pump rrlay along with others i need to look again. This is why i really wish someone would post pics of their megasquirt setup to see. But yea im a 5speed. Do any of those fusible links controll the lighting or horn in any way? Cause im sure the fuses in the car were for that stuff

ok so i messed with some of those inline fuses and relays and this is what happend.

i knew i could take the ign inline fuses out but i cant take the other inline fuses out unless i rewire. the postivie terminal has two wires going to the box and its what powers up the inline fuses for the outside lights, inside lights, and radio. so i might as well keep those and just stuff those back into the fender and leave it at that unless someone has a better way for just wiring it up... also i took out the relays and headlamp sensor which on mine the book says the relays are

1)headlamp sensor (next to the stock relay box)

2)air-con relay

3)inhibitor relay (only on a/t) mines 5 speed

4)bulb check relay

5)fuel pump relay 3

6)fuel pump relay 2

7)lighting relay

8)horn relay(by inline fuses) not connected to the relay box

9)efi relay(by inline fuses) not connected to the relay box

i took out all the relays in the box and the headlamp sensor and all my lights inside and out still worked along with the radio and dome light. even lights that didnt always work came on lol. so i know i can get rid of the box my thing is should i just cut it out? im never going back to the stock setup and even if i did i could pick one up out of a parts car. im going to be getting a new electrical harness for the inside as well since the previous owner hacked it up by taking out the alarm he had in it. but the out side one looks good. ill post pictures of what i did later on its busy at work and they block photobucket. thanks any info or pointers would be awesome

Edited by 82 turbo z