HybridZ

WTB: S30 Z, M/T, $8000 or less

nthiogen

I'm looking for Z's around the 2k-8k range. I'll take any S30 Z as long as it's '75 or older (basically, as long as it's smog exempt it's fine). However, it absolutely must have a manual transmission.

The car must run and drive, and the motor/transmission combo is not all that important. It just needs to run and shift well, and have as little rust as possible.

The only thing I want to emphasize is that I'm looking for something that was clean and well-built. Half-finished projects with gutted interiors aren't my aim, as the car will be a daily driver when needed (though I don't currently need a car for daily transit). I am more interested in stock or lightly modified Z cars than all-out, small block swapped monsters. I wouldn't pass up a well-sorted swap, though (who would? :P). The more paperwork available on the car, the better. I would love nothing more than to rifle through your 300-page stack of receipts and service records!

I am located on-campus at San Francisco State University. I can arrange to borrow a car for long drives or take the BART/Caltrain.

I can be contacted through PM, email (n.theorygen@gmail.com), and by cell at 818-667-5399.

Thanks!

PS- I guess this is my first post. So, hello!

Edited by nthiogen

I'm down in San Jose.

1971 240Z, zero rust (certified by Chico Nissan when I bought it 2 years ago).

Electronic ignition, new Weber side draft carbs, Tokico springs, 4.11 rear end, cam, header... the basics, nothing crazy. I'm daily driving it now between downtown San Jose and Santa Clara.

Ignore the girlfriend, she isn't for sale. If you are interested, I'll shoot you some newer pics of it.

Kept all the receipts from all the work/parts I've put into it (but no prior history).

Come down into the valley sometime, give me an offer. Worst I can say is no, right?

post-6032-078737300 1299045659_thumb.jpg

Edited by Moltar

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Would you be interested in a 1983 280zxt.? Only thing is its automatic. But looks like you are looking for one with a manual transmission.?

Yeah, that'd have violated two of my most important criteria: manual only and smog exempt only. Thanks though.

I did, however, purchase a car today. So this thread should be closed. Thank you all for the offers :)