HybridZ

My '82 Turbo diesels after ignition is cut off

When I turn my ignition switch off the engine keeps running for about 2 seconds. I don't think it is actually dieseling as to me, dieseling is whereby the engine almost quits then keeps going a time or two-usually with some knocking as well. Mine just has a delay and then just slowly quits. Just wondering if other stock turbo ZXs do the same thing, if not, could it be due to having an alarm system wired in or what?

When I turn my ignition switch off the engine keeps running for about 2 seconds. I don't think it is actually dieseling as to me, dieseling is whereby the engine almost quits then keeps going a time or two-usually with some knocking as well. Mine just has a delay and then just slowly quits. Just wondering if other stock turbo ZXs do the same thing, if not, could it be due to having an alarm system wired in or what?

Got to thinking more about this one. When I turn the ignition key to the off position, the the warning lights appear on the display as they do when cranking, but do not immediatley turn off. I can hear the fuel pump still running while these lights are still on for a second or two and then the engine shuts down slowly after fuel pump is has stopped,lights go off and then door lock opens. Still thinking this might have something to do with PO's install of alarm-disabled right now by PO-atleast the horn is that I know of, but the alarm light on windsheild pillar stays on while car is off. I beleive it is a VIPER alarm. Any ideas or comments or just leave AS IS?