HybridZ

best way to remove turbo cross pipe

Hello i was just wondering what would be the best way to remove the stock turbo cross pipe. i have both driver and passenger manifold bolts off. Aswell as the (2 bolts on each side of the cross pipe=4bolts). the maifold flex but i still cannot ge it off.I also found that it was a 12mm bolt under the cross over pipe and assuming it will be one and the passenger side. what will be the best way to get it off? thanks will appricieate it. Also i will be going under the car try to get a better fitment to the bolt if that nesecery.

If you unbolt the passenger side manifold from the head, and the unbolt the 2 12mm nuts and 12mm bolt from the DRIVER'S side of the crossover pipe, you can weasel the entire thing out. Getting the bottom bolt out is a pain.

yah i luckly got the sum biyotch off from the top i manage to slip my 3.8 on and hold it while i grabed the jack handle slid that over the ratchet to get some more leverage and the biyotch :lol: screamed loose afte 25 yrs, lmfao. but know the problem of taking the turbo out now. After i golt the cross over pipe loose i struggled to get the get both driver manifold with turbo off. once again i performed this without going under the car.. Is it possible the turbo out with manifold out from the side of the bolck heads are still on aswell.. :huh:

When I did it eons ago, I believe I unbolted the turbo, then unbolted the manifold and took the manifold out and then the turbo. Or some combination of that.

It's a pain.

Pull the engine.

ya i would but just moved to a new apartment and they only have car ports.

so im left to work under to port and manuever he best way i kno how . I i was thinking o f dropping the steering linkage because i have manifold and turbo laying on the linkage and side rail. i do think if ican move the bb brackets and loer heat sheild might give a little room? :unsure: