HybridZ

Any transmission shops in the Bay Area for Rb25det rebuild?

Zreddy

Hey everyone... I was wondering if anyone in the bay area knew of any shops that can do a rebuild on my rb25det tranny. Basically 3rd and 4th have problems... Technically I think i can bring my tranny to any shop, but looking more for a shop thats done work on rb stuff.

But for the record... I have a z32 NA tranny at home as well, and was wondering if I can just have them swap out the parts from that in to my rb25det tranny.

All inputs welcomed... Plz lmk..!!!

Thanks

i do work on manual transmissions at my house.i would not know if there are a parts interchangeability on your 2 trans until i did a tear down on both trans.what are the problems while driving?that can give you an idea what to look for on tear down.if you just need brass synchro rings i have a box of l28 loose trans parts.sometimes its better just to go to an importer like venus in sacramento and get another trans

Well I picked this rb25det tranny from venus with a 3rd and 4rd gear problem. Not exactly sure whats wrong since I dont have a shift lever for it, but I take it that theres grinding invovlded. But will let you know... thanks man.