HybridZ

Throwout (release) Bearing OUTside Diameter Difference?

Jersey

Hey all. Hope all's been well with everyone. Does anyone know if there's a difference in the OUTside diameter of the throwout bearings between the 240's & ZXT's? The clutch in my 240 is a bear and i've done just about everything i could to make it a little softer without much luck. Now i'm thinking that maybe i've been running a 240 throwout bearing against my '82 ZXT ACT HD pressure plate and the larger OUTside diameter 240 bearing is not pushing on the "finger tips" of the ZXT PP, causing much less leverage. I was just browsing through some pics of my Z build from way back when and came across a few pics i have of the 2 different PP's (Pic referenced attached) It seems the inside diameter between the fingers on the ZXT PP is smaller than the 240 PP but of course, i didn't take any pics of the different TOB's. Damn. Anyways, thanks in advance.

- Jersey

post-456-068529800 1303325458_thumb.jpg

I'm thinking you've got the wrong throw out bearing installed (height wise) The 240Z bearing is shorter as I recall because the PP is taller. If you've got that TO bearing mated to a shorter PP then you've already lost a lot of leverage accounting for the heavier pedal feel.

I'm thinking you've got the wrong throw out bearing installed (height wise) The 240Z bearing is shorter as I recall because the PP is taller. If you've got that TO bearing mated to a shorter PP then you've already lost a lot of leverage accounting for the heavier pedal feel.

The bearings are all the same, it's the collars that have different heights:

http://www.zparts.co...ear_specs1.html

Nigel

Thanks for the feedback guys. I guess i was just hoping there was a difference in TOB diameter which would be the cause.

EZZZZZZZZ, I am positive that i used the longer collar (pic attached, used the 2+2 collar)Thanks for the thought though.

Maybe someone will chime in with the same setup as i have - 240mm setup using the ACT Heavy Duty PP & Clutch - just to let me know how stiff their clutch pedal is.

Again, thanks.

post-456-097658000 1303501799_thumb.jpg

Edited by Jersey