HybridZ

Speed and RPM calculator

rejracer

Hey there Hybrid,

I made this spreadsheet in excel a few years ago to help me relate what different trans/diff combos would do to shift points and highway cruising speed. I just uploaded it to google docs. You all should be able to read it. The spreadsheet basically contains all the transmissions I was considering for my 240 as well as every possible gearset out back. Every line in it is a calculation, so if you change one parameter, it affects how the results. To change the parameters, change the "variables" section of the doc. It will calclulate the MPH and MPH in gear columns.

Hope you find it useful.

https://spreadsheets.google.com/ccc?key=0Ato3KCDX86aedFBpTkI0X0o5R2pQaHlrQzgzbGVrQXc&hl=en&authkey=CPTj89IN

-Robert

I just highlighted the columns green that you can change (when you download it locally) and that will update the columns in yellow / orange.

If you want a new transmission in the template, just send me the gearing, and of course the model of trans. If it's a common trans with different gear sets, indicate what vehicles it's from. I'll be glad to throw it in the master for you..

...and my final choice on transmission was the FS5W71C with 370's out back for the time being. I may try and change out the 370's to 3.54's depending on how I like the feel after the turbo conversion.

-robert

Edited by rejracer

I just uploaded a new version.

Changes:

1. Renamed old "Final drive" column to "Diff Ratio".

2. It now calculates RPM for the given speed in all gears.

3. It now calculates the Final drive ratio for all gears in the trans/diff combo.

4. It's now editable by anyone.

Feel free to play, don't be surprised if/when I overwrite your changes with a refresh. I reserve the right to revoke update capability without notice, we will see how it goes. Feel free to ask me to refresh it, if it gets scrambled.

-Robert