HybridZ

Brake Hardware for re-engineered 260Z brake system

So Ive opted to use this:

r32-nissan-skyline-non-abs-brake-master-cyl-gtr-gts-t_180580043760.jpg

in my 260Z.

It deletes all the extra 36+ year old devices attached to the brake system like the proportioning valve and NP valve. The MC bore is quite a bit bigger than the stock 260Z as well. I also have the matching booster. It came out of a BNR32 GTR. It bolts right into a 240Z, but not a 260z unfortunately. So I was working up to the point where I would install this, but Ive been forced into it now. My stock booster died today. Im not buying a new one.

If you look closely you will see that the MC has 3 lines coming out of it rather than 2. It has two lines for the front L and R and one for the rear. So I need to replace the driver side(left) line completely to the strut. The right front and rear lines need to be replaced up to the NP valve.

Here is where I run into an issue. When I pull the NP valve from the bulk head from behind the motor I will need to connect the old brake hard lines to the new brake hard lines. One would think that someone makes a coupler for this, but I cannot seem to find it. I can find T fittings and other odds and ends but no couplers. If Im not mistaken Im looking for a M10X1.0 double flare coupler. I would think Summit racing or someone would have something, but I havent been able to find anything that will work with these double flare fittings.

Anyone have any ideas?

Please dont tell me that I should just use a different MC or something like that. Id just as soon replace the complete brake line system first with something new that I know wont hassle me any further.

Edited by rayaapp2

So this turns the brakes manual? I like that option, I'd like to see pictures of it when you finish.

I don't believe it turns them manual but it just eliminates the multiple routers in the engine bay. My one concern is if the pressure will be different or the balance between the front and rear will be different. I think there were some threads covering the brake lines and all the little quirks of it unless you already have that all figured out. Plus the front brake line router thingy whatever you want to call it has the sensor that controls the brake light in your speedo in case you weren't aware.

Edited by 19762802+2

I don't believe it turns them manual but it just eliminates the multiple routers in the engine bay. My one concern is if the pressure will be different or the balance between the front and rear will be different. I think there were some threads covering the brake lines and all the little quirks of it unless you already have that all figured out. Plus the front brake line router thingy whatever you want to call it has the sensor that controls the brake light in your speedo in case you weren't aware.

Everything is internal on this MC. Thats why I can delete the older stuff. I have larger brakes already on the car, but I will be going bigger as soon as I can.

This MC is the same used in the 300ZX Z32, Q45, and a few others. This is a common MC used by the 240SX groups. Its actually widely available here in the US. I ended up with this unit after a friend parted his GTR front clip. I discovered I could use it by accident. I believe and I could be wrong but this MC was used on Non-ABS equipped cars. There is actually extensive information about it from the 240sx groups installing them into their cars. So there are actually diagrams for converting your old ABS system to this style MC. A few guys from down under have from what I can tell done exactly what I am doing as well. So I am not the first. Now that is the MC. The Booster unit isnt the same as the Q45 for sure. I have one for comparison. Im not sure if any of the other Booster units will fit in place the way this R32 GTR unit does. This unit literally bolts into place into a 240Z without any hangups.

Ray

Oh, when he said "my stock booster died today. And I'm not buying a new one" I was thinking that this was going to allow him to eliminate the booster.

BankockZ is running the same MC as me without the booster. He says it works well and doesnt mind not having power brakes. He has a N.A. L28 with minimal mods though so he isnt pushing the power that I am. He did not connect the system up like I am doing though. He is running a 240Z with the distribution block still so he has one of the front fittings blocked off on his MC. He is already aware of how to connect it 'properly' and says it works fine the way it is. The faster you go though the more you realize that the brakes need to be tip top... or your dead. :)