HybridZ

Full radius velocity stacks

Cassio

I'm not very content with the look of the velocity stacks (air horn, ram horn, whatever you call it) that come with the webers from the factory. I personally have a set of DCOE 40mm Weber carbs.

I would like to replace them with a full radius style stack as in what TWM sells.

williams_2.jpg

However they are not cheap. At $55 each it would cost $330 plus shipping to get them. Is there other options?

40mm is 1.57" so get some 1-1/2" Copper pipe, flare the ends and build the mounting plates. 1-1/2" conduit would also work and would be cheaper.

Use a tool like this to make the flares

http://cgi.ebay.com/ridgid-41345-E-63-1-1-2-Hammer-Type-Flaring-Tool-/290555555451?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item43a675ee7b

Edited by SHO-Z

thank you sho-z, but i guess i should have been more specific with my question. I'm looking for full radius style stacks as in the picture, not looking to build my own as I'm looking for a nice machined part.

The 40mm measurement on the carbs are at the throttle plate side not the venturi end. I would guess that DCOE 45 stacks would fit 40's with out an issue. It's also been mention before that the solex and other similar carbs can interchange stacks with no issues also.

One final note is the importance of a slip in style stack like the webers come with vs. a bolt on kind such as the TWM.

Any input would be great.