HybridZ

4L60e Trans Tunnel Clearance

Hi all...

I did a few searches and found some basic info, but can anybody post a few pics of the transmission tunnel mods that they had to do to clear a 4L60e? I know that the mounts need to come off, but I am unclear of the area(s) that need some "massaging" with a hammer. From what I have been told and have read, the 240's might need a little bit of additional work vs. later cars.

I would like to do what I can to avoid stabbing the engine into the car more than once or twice before I bolt it all up in a few weeks. The engine compartment has fresh paint on it and I don't want to risk banging anything up. :unsure:

Any pics and info would be very appreciated.

Thank you!

Tim

Edited by SSuspect

You must be moving along with the build since the last time I was over there. (I bought the brake brackets and something else from you) Good luck on finding the info you need I look forward to seeing it done. :D

Yeah - making progress... I finally had the L6 drivetrain done and decided to go ahead with the LT1 swap. I had a guy that wanted to trade me a 96' Vette for my Impala and I just could not do it! I said "screw it"! I will build my own hot rod 2 seat sports car! :lol:

http://forums.hybridz.org/index.php/topic/99720-well-time-to-join-the-hybrid-z-generation/