HybridZ

s30 Fiberglass tilt front clip i've googled for hrs...

vega

I got a hold of Zforce productions, he has all of Dave's old molds from arizona z. He is willing to make me a fiberglass tilt front end (he has the molds for everything available on the s30 chassis). I will keep you all posted.

As for the guy himself. Justin sounded like a nice guy, and I think he is going to be around for a while. I should seriously not be the only one purchasing said product(s). I am not a huge fan of the pantera look (hatch)he makes albeit to each their own. In reality for what one would spend on something like this compared to how light weight and the longevity (no rust) I think others as well should look into it. He will be emailing me about price and what the front valance looks like.

Also as a further note. I got a hold of Thunder Ranch, he quoted me 1,200 for a 250gto front clip plus shipping. Both companies are in California I am in MN. Based on cost that is what is going to affect this most I think. That and the rest of the team's opinion on the product.

----------------

As for the rest of it my heads are finally getting worked on from Travis Knolton in bethel MN (his father just past and the funeral was last week). The woman is finally over her mono (to those of you who know) and is back to work. I start a new job on the 21st that is 7min away from my home, and pays more money in less hrs. Four ten hour shifts, Monday-Thursday. I am currently sick myself (not not with mono) hopefully that will not last long. The rest of the car is back on the road (brakes are done long story there, the car runs and drives with the l28 currently in the car{had to do a master, a bleed, a starter, a batter, and cables in the past two weeks}, rims are on order, my tires are already here) so its on a faster track to get to the track. I am hoping to have the car done this year for next years season with the rest of the team.

Perfect, as in, fitment, or just little things here and there, like nicks, scratches, etc?

I'll buy a fiberglass hood in a heartbeat if I don't have to go severely out of my way to make it fit. A wipe of filler here and there is cool, half a gallon is not. No other fiberglass hood supplier seems to have a good reputation. Preferably it would work with stock hinges.

If you ever worked with fiberglass you would know that perfect doesn't exist in the size of our pocket books here. Perfect is for f1 cars sir.

I can't fully vouch for the fitment of the G nose. My front end is all apart at the moment (no fenders/hood, etc.). I did put it up against the front of the car and it seems like it will be a good fitment, it sits straight, and seems to line up well. It is a bit of a custom install, there's mounting tabs, but they don't have holes in them or anything. I know that sounds like he's just being lazy, but it's acctually a blessing in disguise; not every Z car is created equal and some have aged differently than others so different cars will want the G nose mounted at a slightly different height/angle/etc. By not perfect I was referring to scratches and rough edges, and some small spots where a bit of the fiberglass has sorta fallen out. Also, I did get some loose strands of glass embedded in my arm and fingers from handling it, there are some stray fibers on the back of it. I like it very much though, wake up to it every morning, puts a smile on my face haha. One thing I also really like is that the fiber glass is pretty thick and rigid. It's no flimsy piece, and being 1 piece certainly helps. Also it's flat on the bottom, so I have decided I will make a custom front splitter out of aluminum sheet or plastic of some sort (purely for looks). Anyways in case you can't tell, I'm very happy with the part! Glad to hear that Justin is willing to do it. I am not surprised, and I'm sure he will do a good job. He already makes fenders and hoods in FG so I'm sure it won't be a huge hurdle for him to mate them all together.

Not all our pocket books are the same size.

Didn't know John Coffey made fiberglass parts, but apparently he owns Beta? I guess I'll look into that.

Good to know you can afford a carbon fiber monocoque, the rest of us will keep it a little more down to earth pardon the term. Beta does good work too, I have not contacted him at all, albeit I have seen the products.