HybridZ

Front mount turbo headers

I plan on running flipped truck manifolds for the turbo. I've searched and haven't found much. I know some of you are running truck manifolds and some are running custom turbo manifolds or custom turbo headers. Is there any brand of turbo headers that can actually be bought? Most of the turbo headers I have found are usually for the fbodies. One of my truck manifolds are cracked, so I'm trying to look at my options for exhaust manifold/headers that would work in a front mount turbo LSx S30.

Yes, that's me. I used a SS flange not mild steel. I used 316L becuase it's what I had lying around. I believe "they" at your suppose to use a nickel based filler but we'll see very soon (will be fired up in the next few weeks)

Haha I'm 99medbluebird that sends you pm's every once in a while. Cant wait to see yours fire up!

I tig welded mild steel tube onto the cast steel manifold using mild filler rod for my passengers side mani. So far its holding up but if I do it again I'll go with the nickel rod. The setup has roughly 2000 miles on it so far.

post-8245-0-12163500-1407560161_thumb.jpg

post-8245-0-19407600-1407560184_thumb.jpg

Edited by Slow78z

I tig welded mild steel tube onto the cast steel manifold using mild filler rod for my passengers side mani. So far its holding up but if I do it again I'll go with the nickel rod. The setup has roughly 2000 miles on it so far.

That's nice! I like it!

• 2 weeks later...

So I found these JBA shorty headers that are for trucks and is supposed to be a direct replacement on the trucks. I wonder if these would work if I removed the 3 bolt flanges and welded a v band to them. The tube size is 1-5/8in which I think is small for a 6.0l. Opinions on this?

post-43974-0-89224800-1408903764_thumb.jpg

Edited by Meatwad