HybridZ

Wanted: Trade strong RB20det for your old L28et

heatbloomeric

Hello, My namer is Eric,
I have a Nissan Skyline Sedan and I am looking to make some potentially foolish choices. Me and the guys in HeatBloom are all planning different unique engine swaps for our cars, and I want to put the L28et into mine. My reasons are many, and my own, and i will keep detailed build thread. 

I was/am seriously inspired by my team mate Matts badass KA-T Skyline build. I really love how he took what is a common engine swap ( people usually throw out KA24's to put in engines like the RB20) and reverse pioneered his way into a very unique, and fun car to drive, by making use of what is kind of normally considered to be a sort of waste, or bi product of a common upgrade. He now has more displacement<3, and with the turbo<3 setup actually makes much more power<3. Although power is not my ultimate goal, I only want about 300hp. I am more so interested in obtaining my goal HP in a fun, and interesting way that has a ton of personal sentimental value.

So take that and apply it to our situation, and my personal history and love for the engine/chassis, and the L28et makes complete and total sense for my R32! More displacement, and as far as I understand a lot of things bolt right in.

I know lots of you Z guys end up putting the RB engines into your cars, and I want to do just the opposite. I am looking to trade my awesome RB20DET, for your complete l28et swap. Yeah you heard me. I want to Give you an RB20, and take away your garbage (so to speak lol) The engine must be mostly complete, if not in complete running condition. Ideally I would like to find someone who is looking to put an RB20det into their already running L28ET 280ZX, and work out a deal to simply swap engines.  I know this may not make sense right now, but hold on, this is going to be very very cool. 

I have found a picture of this done before in early japan, and I have also found a thread of a guy putting one into an S13, and I would love anymore helpful information/tips that i might need to know. 

So with that in mind....

WANTED
Good Condition, Running L28et (must be turbo)
everything needed from the swap, would ideally still be in a car.
+bonus. Could be a bit of cash, parts car access, or delivery. im open to ideas on this one, I'm a easy going guy haha.

My Offer
great condition RB20det
about 150,000 on it, it runs and drives awesome and has treated me very well as a daily driver for the last 6 years.
Very stock OEM! Nothing changed at all. Stock airbox and everything.
I have just purchased all of the regular maintenance bits to refresh this engine before i get rid of it. (fuel filter, oil, spark plugs, blah blah.
Whatever you need from the swap that i have that I dont. (spare rb bits)

I would also consider purchasing a running, driving l28et s130, and doing it all myself, but this is going to be my last option. I would prefer to make someone else's dream come true too.

This is a picture of my car, yes it has been drifted. But don't let that fool you, I avoid rev limiter at all costs, and have always respected and loved the car to bits. I baby it when i'm not on the track. I appreciate ANY help to make this dream a reality, and start day dreaming about the sound of the RB in your Z!

post-45643-0-22956700-1410679963_thumb.jpg

Edited by heatbloomeric

I wish you are in the states, that will be way easier.

http://phoenix.craigslist.org/wvl/pts/4590752413.html

Good luck on your trade deal.

Is this engine yours? If so I am interested, my girlfriend is from arizona so we will be going down sometime.

I am willing to come down to the states to get an engine. I live in Victoria BC, which is very close to the CANADA/USA boarder. I would obviously be wanting compensation for the gas, but as long as it wont cost me much, i dont mind really coming down with a truck. (within reason)  

I've never seen more than the northern top of Montana, so it could be kind of cool!

Thanks! 

Edited by heatbloomeric

• 2 weeks later...