HybridZ

Wiring Consolidation

I've been searching for a while in regard to wiring issues, but come up a bit short. I assume I know the answer but want to be sure.

I pulled all the wiring from the drivers side (body harness) and want to clean up things like the coil wiring, distributor, a/c relays. etc. Stuff that obviously won't be used with the swap.

Can I just cut and cap these instead of unwrapping the entire harness and removing them where they originate?  I've attach pics of the wires in question.

post-28933-0-77100300-1411441563_thumb.jpg

post-28933-0-89701900-1411441572_thumb.jpg

Edited by str8pipez

I used the lt1swap website to remove everything from my harness, pulled all the datsun fuel injection harness out, then selectively removed most of the datsun AC stuff (what I couldnt reuse for my vintage air). I think theres a black and white wire that goes to the coil that is good for the hot in start wire for the LS harness. I used a currrent performance block to power most of the LS stuff. Since I used the volvo fan relay with a taurus fan, I rewired the relays in the current performance block that were for low and high speed fans and used them for high and low beam headlight relays, to offload the combination switch.