HybridZ

s12+8 what pads to get?

Topic has been discussed extensively. Keep searching.

You will need pads for a 1979 - 1985 Toyota 4x4 pickup which you should already know if you are going to use  the S12-8 calipers.

How will your car be used? So state so people don't advise you to buy the wrong type of pads e.g, you do not want to run race pads on a street car.

Here is my experience  for a daily driver street only V8 240Z:

Over the last ten years I have tried KVR, Hawk HPS and Porterfield R4S pads. Low dust, but they did not stop the car very well especially on the first application when cold.  That is,  they had very poor cold bite which is what you don't want for a street car. You want good cold bite for the street. Performance pads need some heat for optimum performace so do not put them on a street car.

I am now using Axxis Ultra pads on my solid Toyota S12-8 front and 240SX rear brakes. They have excellent cold bite and a very linear feel from first application to making hard stops. The set up on my car also includes a 1 inch Wilwood brake MC and 280Z booster.

They dust a little, but so what. The idea is to stop the car.

Source:  http://www.importrp.com/product.php?productid=338850&cat=&page=1

PM me if you require more information about Axxis Ultra brake pads.

Edited by Miles

Topic has been discussed extensively. Keep searching.

You will need pads for a 1979 - 1985 Toyota 4x4 pickup which you should already know if you are going to use  the S12-8 calipers.

How will your car be used? So state so people don't advise you to buy the wrong type of pads e.g, you do not want to run race pads on a street car.

Here is my experience  for a daily driver street only V8 240Z:

Over the last ten years I have tried KVR, Hawk HPS and Porterfield R4S pads. Low dust, but they did not stop the car very well especially on the first application when cold.  That is,  they had very poor cold bite which is what you don't want for a street car. You want good cold bite for the street. Performance pads need some heat for optimum performace so do not put them on a street car.

I am now using Axxis Ultra pads on my solid Toyota S12-8 front and 240SX rear brakes. They have excellent cold bite and a very linear feel from first application to making hard stops. The set up on my car also includes a 1 inch Wilwood brake MC and 280Z booster.

They dust a little, but so what. The idea is to stop the car.

Source:  http://www.importrp.com/product.php?productid=338850&cat=&page=1

PM me if you require more information about Axxis Ultra brake pads.

PM sent