HybridZ

Question about heater core lines

Getting my Lq4 swap wrapped up in my 77z and have a question about the heater core lines in the firewall. I can handle no a/c, but no heat is a different story. As far back as my engine sits to get my t56 shifter close to factory position the two heater core lines are about 3/4 of an inch away from the back of the head. Do they make some kind of elbow I can replace these with? What have you other fellas who have been there and done that figured out?

My motor sits maybe 1/2 inch from the firewall.  I welded up the stock heater hose firewall holes and put in a bulkhead fitting right above the frame rail.  Was pretty easy to splice 2 sets of stock under dash heater hoses together to get to the bulkhead fitting.  The fitting has barbs inside the cabin and AN fittings on the outside.  Standard 5/8" heater hose pushed right into the AN fittings with no drama.

My motor sits maybe 1/2 inch from the firewall.  I welded up the stock heater hose firewall holes and put in a bulkhead fitting right above the frame rail.  Was pretty easy to splice 2 sets of stock under dash heater hoses together to get to the bulkhead fitting.  The fitting has barbs inside the cabin and AN fittings on the outside.  Standard 5/8" heater hose pushed right into the AN fittings with no drama.

Great minds think alike! this sounds exactly like my setup.... which i cant find a picture of right now