HybridZ

Titanium valve sources?

inline6

I'm running an e88 head and need to source some titanium valves.  Anyone know of any that are out there, or do I need to look at custom at this point?  I believe David Weber of Malvern Racing told me at one point that he was reusing (after mods) some NASCAR valves... I recall him saying they only ran them one race. Guess I'll start scanning the available titanium valves for ones that are close to the stock Nissan size I need.  

Looks like Del West and Ferrea will do custom, but that is typically a synonym for EXPENSIVE - as in even more expensive than titanium are already going to be.

Edited by inline6

There are places that will turn down Nascar take offs, but in the machining process all the coating is taken off. An uncoated ti valve is not going to last long at all. Do you plan replacing valves every couple races? We're talking maybe 1000 miles...

https://m.facebook.com/jarvisperformance

Pvd coating are used on ti valves to increase wear. This coating is too hard for regular valve seats. This is why beryllium copper is used, it will survive the abuse of the hard coating. Super expensive and the dust made when grinding is extremely deadly. A very expensive proposition...

Edited by 1vicissitude