#1 xxjoeyxxeb

xxjoeyxxeb

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 198 posts
  • LocationQuincy, MA

Posted 2 weeks ago

Hi all,

I am curious to see if anyone has any shop recommendations in MA, or even Northern RI. I have a slight oil leak when I park the car, about a tea spoon drips out between the block and transmission. Did it since I had the engine rebuilt and I do not want to fix it myself, unless it could be an easy fix... Any thoughts? Rear Main seal, or something else?

Thank you,

Joe

1974 260z. L28et. BW T-5. Bored over .020". ARP mains, rods, head bolts. MS1 v3.57. Stock T3 turbo machined with 50 trim compressor wheel and 360deg thrust bearing. 2.5" downpipe to 3" through Borla XR-1. Walbro 255. 440cc injectors, homemade fuel rail. MSD Blaster 2 Coil. Toyota 4 piston calipers w/ 300zx vented rotors. Tokico Illuminas with AZcar springs.

#2 gnosez

gnosez

HybridZ Supporter

• Donating Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 353 posts
  • LocationMassachusetts

Posted 2 weeks ago

While it could be a main seal leak, I'd be looking for some other locations (front cover, or the pan itself) first. When your car is being driven the leaking oil could be migrating back towards the back of the engine and tranny.

Clean everything, then drive the car a few miles and check starting at the front.

"you're only young once, but you can stay immature indefinitely"

#3 xxjoeyxxeb

xxjoeyxxeb

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 198 posts
  • LocationQuincy, MA

Posted 2 weeks ago

Good idea. Will do... after the next Nor'Easter.  :huh:

1974 260z. L28et. BW T-5. Bored over .020". ARP mains, rods, head bolts. MS1 v3.57. Stock T3 turbo machined with 50 trim compressor wheel and 360deg thrust bearing. 2.5" downpipe to 3" through Borla XR-1. Walbro 255. 440cc injectors, homemade fuel rail. MSD Blaster 2 Coil. Toyota 4 piston calipers w/ 300zx vented rotors. Tokico Illuminas with AZcar springs.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users