HybridZ

Help With A/C Vacuum Lines

Gollum

Hey, I'm trying to wrap up my L28ET conversion in my 280ZX in the next week or so (getting excited) and started looking at the A/C & Heat control unit... and crap.

Two hoses weren't even hooked up, and several others I'd disconnected and forgotten where it went, and it started to scare me thinking I might not be able to have to get it to work at all and might have to come back to it, which I don't want to do. Take the dash off isn't something you dream about doing every weekend.

So I went to the local pickn'pull and got lucky to find an earlier 79' with the same control unit, so I ripped the dash off and took pics galore.

Now, when I first got the dash off there were two hoses unplugged! :?

So I highlighted those red, and highlighted in green in this pic I took is where a vacuum line is on my turbo car's unit and I need to know where it goes. I've got the nissan manual in PDF and they have a vacuum diagram but it doesn't help when you don't know what the names are of more than half of what's mentioned on the diagram. So any help Would be appreciated.

vacuumlinesbx8.jpg

So I plugged that upper one in there because it seemed like a logical place to put it and I wanted to see how it looked, but it was disconnected when I took the dash off. Are these supposed to be disconnected? Is there a reason the previous owner of my donor car (a HZ member) might have blocked them off with golf tees? (i'm not even sure if they're the same ones, except I'm kinda certain that the short unplugged one is one of the same ones unplugged on my car, but I'd have to check to be sure.

I'm gonna try to draw out a diagram from all the pics I've got and take a crack at it tomorrow in hopes of getting it all sorted out.

Thanks in advance.

I'm 90% sure I've figured it out. After sorting through the pics and looking over the diagram in the repair manual I was pretty sure about the placement on pretty much everything.

Should I bother posting detailed pictures of my effort to make this thread worth something or let it fall into the abyss?

Ok, I tried to make it as simple as possible to show what I've done and hopefully it will bring a bit more light to those in the future, especially if the colored lines have faded. Though I'm still curious why the two lines I mentioned were unplugged on my car before AND the car in the junkyard, as though nissan did it from the factory. Makes me wonder...

vacuumlineshj4.th.jpg