HybridZ

WTB - L28 w/ trans or rotating assembly

e_racer1999

I need some parts for a strict budget build. Basically we pulled apart our L28 and found half of one rod in the oil pan.

I need either of these two options:

1) L28 Crankshaft, 1 quantity L28 FLATTOP piston, and 1 quantity L28 connecting rod. If this is the option, I have only about $100 to spend including shipping (PM me with other offers)

2) Complete L28 (only below the head is needed, but complete is a plus) PLUS good working 4 or 5 speed with GOOD clutch/flywheel. I can go about $350 - $400 for this depending on what's included.

This would obviously need to be pretty local to San Diego area for shipping cost reasons.

Again, this is for a serious budget build, so any help you guys could do would be GREATLY appreciated.

Thanks!

I've got a complete short block from a 77. Cylinder head cracked and the guy ditched the car. It's got fairly high miles, but everything is there. Unfortunately it has dished pistions and an automatic trans. I think a buddy of mine has a decent 4 speed, and possibly clutch/flywheel, but I'd have to talk to him. I'd be willing to sell the whole block or part out the crank. I'm up in San Luis Obispo (about 4-5 hours north), but we might be able to work something out. Let me know if you're interested. Prices will be very reasonable. I've got to get rid of this stuff anyway.