HybridZ

Is ms sequential

wax

Im looking around for information for the best ecu for my car

at the moment i am thinking of haltech or autronic

Was just wondering if the megasquirt is sequential or only batch fire

Yeah Motec is nice but damn its expensive

I was speaking to mark there tech guy and it was going to be $3700 by the time i got the m600 with traction control on it

The haltech is about 1600 and the autronic is 2200. However there is no doubt that Motec is the best

Im glad to know that the ms can do sequential , i will have more of a look into it

Yeah those prices sound about right.

Mine was ~$3500 for M600, loom, all sensors, data logging.

Can I ask why you are after traction control? Will you need wheel sensors for that?

You get some great support with Motec as well.

Still not convinced megasquirt can do full sequential injection/ignition.

I want traction control because im shooting at between 350 and 400 whp.

Also I would like to do some club days etc etc to have switchable traction control would be handy trying to get power down off the turns

Then we i want to clown it up i want to be able to slide down the road sideways in 2nd gear fighting for traction

I didnt think that the ms was sequential ethier , i really want that so i can get the mid range torque you and driveabilty you get from sequential ,As well as the ability to trim cylinder mixture to max power

When are you expecting them to be avaliable

I dont really want an injection system thats batch fire for my car. If i already had batch then fine but since i am buying a system then i will be getting a sequential

Its a nissan l28

the reason I want sequential is so in the mid range and lower i can actually fire at an open valve

The helps econmy driveabilty and midrange torque

If i already had a batch fire i wouldnt care but since i dont have anything i may as well go for the best

The vehicle is a turbo so anything that makes the off boost better is a good thing

• Administrators

If i already had a batch fire i wouldnt care but since i dont have anything i may as well go for the best

No such thing as "the best".

And, while sequential has merits, it certainly isn't the be-all-end all feature of features. Be careful with putting so many eggs in one basket.

To really get the most out of sequential injection, you need to tune each cylinder. To do that properly, you will need to monitor A/F or temp of each cylinder exhaust.

From speaking to you on the forums, it seams you may already know this. I'm interested to see how far you go with it.

I got to say though, I still like the idea of only throwing fuel into a cylinder that is ready for it. I went from 21 ltrs/100kms on Megasquirt (and a conservative tune) to 12-15ltrs/100kms on a different computer with sequential injection. I am not saying that sequential injection had everything to do with it, far from it, I think the most improvement I got was from having a decent tuner tune my car.

Yeah i am aware of that

The low end midrange is what you pick up with sequential easily.

No i am not going to do the one temp sensor per cylinder as its to hard and expensive( though i could just egt it ).

Going for 6 wide band sensors would just kill me.

I just want the driveablity and the economy that comes from sequential.

No such thing as "the best".

And, while sequential has merits, it certainly isn't the be-all-end all feature of features. Be careful with putting so many eggs in one basket.[/quote

Im not sure what you mean by that , im shopping for ecus that have the features i am looking for

What features would i be giving away by going for an ecu that has sequential that an mega squirt has