HybridZ

should I get my head resurfaced?

stravi757

I wouldn't use a machinist that I didn't trust - ask around at the local speed shops for recommendations. If you can, find one who has experience with Nissan L engines, although that's not essential.

You didn't say why you have the head off and took it in to be checked, but I'd have it resurfaced too. You might have a machinist that you DO trust take a look and see what else needs attention. Valve seals are easy to do with the engine off.

Will the head be disassembled before he resurfaces it? (I've always brought the head in bare so don't know if it's done assembled.) I ask because he could also check the valve guides for wear.

It's a lot easier to do all this now, but you need to be able to trust the guy!

Well I already had him do it, Still didn't trust the guy but I said what the heck, it'll be easier to just get it resurfaced anyways. The head was from my original block that been sitting in my garage. I took it apart, everything looked fine and I put the block back together. Reason I feared it was warped was because the engine had over heated on me a couple times like over a year ago.