Jump to content

Bill Miller

  • Content Count

  • Donations

    0.00 USD 
  • Joined

  • Last visited

  • Feedback


Community Reputation

0 Neutral

About Bill Miller

  • Rank

Profile Information

  • Location
    Greensboro, Md.
  1. I will keep this brief, '97' Bonneville sat for 3 days and battery died. Meter read 5.56 volts, charged battery to 12.9 volts, disconnected pos. battery cable and car instantly died. Left sit overnight and meter now read 12.3 volts. Reconnected pos. battery cable and checked voltage at battery and meter read 14.6 volts with car running. So, my question is, why did the car die when pos. battery cable was removed but the meter tells me the alternator is putting out? I read somewhere that some cars will not run with the battery cable removed, could this be some kind of failsafe in the system and if so could this be the case here?