I'm new in this forum and hope to get some help regarding my Weber DCOE setting (Jet sizes, Tubes etc...).
I live in Germany and since four years I'm proud owner of a '74 Datsun 260z. I drove the car a few weekends and decided to restore and modify it a bit – which got even a bit more time after time.
One of the main modifications I’m doing is to swap the engine for a rebuilt L28.
This engine is soon ready for the engine dyno, but as I have no experience with the L6 I hope to get some help which carburetor jets (etc.) I should start with.
Actually the engine is at the dyno, so I can’t measure the DCOE parts that actually are installed - and I don’t get any details from Redline which carb-setup their kit has….
Here are some details about the engine I built: (see added picture)
- L28 F54 engine block with 89mm bore
- L28 crankshaft weight-reduced, fine-balanced and temp-hardened
- custom 89mm JE pistons
- ARP H-shaft rods with L24-length
- N42 head, ported, flow-optimized with 11.3:1 comp
- 44mm & 35mm valves
- more aggr. camshaft
- adjustable pulley sprocket gear
- Electromotive electr. Ignition
- japanese stainless steel header and exhaust
- Cannon manifold
- 3x Weber DCOE 45 (Redline Kit #K 659-45 4, Carb #19600.060)
- open tubes / Ramair filters / K&N tube filters
There are a lot more details and modifications to it, but I hope these ones are the most necessary ones to know about.
Don’t hesitate to ask further – thanks in advance for you help!
Regards from Stuttgart,