Jump to content


  • Content Count

  • Joined

  • Last visited

  • Feedback


Community Reputation

200 Excellent

About Phlebmaster

  • Rank
    Super Moderator
  • Birthday 04/11/1974

Profile Information

  • Gender
    Not Telling
  • Location
    Oregon City, OR
  1. So, I spoke to the guy who is going to recover my seat. I am thinking of a cafe racer look with colors that follow my bike's paint scheme. Grey down the center, a white strip or piping to separate the side, then red for the sides. Any ideas??? I will have this done in about 3 weeks!! Stay tuned!! Maybe something like this.... Or like this?? I am thinking this is the right way to go...... I like this one!!
  2. Hmmmm....things on the horizon....something new, something old.....Cafe Racer? Stay tuned!!
  3. Starter rebuild accomplished!! I was surprised at how easy this was, this was my first starter rebuild. Here we go again.... Pulled the tank and carbs... Pulled the stator cover off.... Pulled the starter gear and chain..... Starters is out.... Rebuild kit and starter before tear down... What a mess!! This was the most scary part of the whole ordeal...I think you can imagine why. Look at all those pieces!!! Going back together.... I put the tank back on and tested the star
  4. Guess What.... I have a new chain! Can you see the size difference between the new chain and the old rust rope that was on there before? Quality shows... I have to pick up a master link but those are cheap Next is the starter rebuild and another video! :thumbsup :thumbsup
  5. Hope you have high speed internet! I put in my new clutch and rear sprocket. This is my first time doing this so keep that in mind, anyway I wanted to share what I did. I was very surprised at how simple this was! I put her in the shed... Pulled off all of the unnecessary parts... ' Drained the oil...YUK! Pulled the side cover off... I made marks and took pics of everything before I took anything off. That came off easy! The old clutch plates were pretty worn Next I pulled the rear wheel and the old sprocket which was a
  6. I have a 1976 KZ400 for my first ride. It is a bit of a project but that is what I love to do with things I am not familiar with. Some interesting facts about the bike...The engine has a 1976 engine code, the frame is stamped with a 1977 VIN, and the Title says 1978. LOL At first I was saying What the heck?!! But after some research I found out that Kawasaki had excess new parts from a lack of sales in 1976 so they put my bike together in 77 and sold it as new in 1978. The bike currently has ~20,000 miles. It is in relativity good shape with the exception of a few minor things. I love th
  7. Wow! Even more power capt'n!! I bet that thing flies at warp speed.
  8. Good to see that beast done! Can't wait to drive it.
  9. Geewiz!! I can't seem to get away from these little beasts! I am helping a friend with his 1966 Fairlady Roadster sitting in his driveway. I have the option to buy this car, but right now I am more focused on my daughters and college....so the next best thing is to have this as a project without the ownership. I can live with that for now. As usual I will be making vids and taking pics of this new project. The next on the list is the 1969 510 you will see in the background. The engine has been built with pop up pistons and runs very well. This car has been sitting for a few year
  10. Just go down to your local brew shop and buy a kit. If you have the stuff to make wine, then you can make beer. I recommend buying a couple of cans of pre-hopped liquid malt extract, some come with the yeast you will need and only take about 2 weeks before ready for bottles. Wine takes way too long IMO. The above recipe is a more advanced one so don't let it scare you off.
  11. Here is my Chocolate Mocha Stout Recipe and basic brew sheet.... Imperial Stout Type: Partial Mash Date: 4/20/2011 Batch Size: 5.00 gal Brewer: Aaron Boil Size: 6.00 gal Asst Brewer: Tammi (my wife) Boil Time: 60 min Equipment: Brew Pot (6+gal) and Igloo/Gott Cooler (5 Gal) Taste Rating(out of 50): 35.0 Brewhouse Efficiency: 75.00 Ingredients Amount Item Type % or IBU 3.00 lb Dark Dry Extract (17.5 SRM) Dry Extract 16.00 % 3.00 lb Pale Malt (2 Row) US (2.0 SRM) Grain 16.00 % 2.50 lb Chocolate Malt (350.0 SRM) Grain 13
  12. I will post my Chcolate Mocha Stout recipe tonight for you. The chocolate/caramel type flavors come from the types of grains I use, which you will see in my recipe. I also put 64 oz of a fresh ground chocolate flavored coffee that I brew separately just like I was going to drink it...then add it right after the boil.
  13. Today was bottling day. I had a combo of about 180 22oz and 14oz bottles gracing my kitchen counters this afternoon. And before you ask...no they were all not for me since this batch was a joint venture. But I have my share... As I always do, I have posted a new video of my process for some of you who are curious how this whole thing works. Enjoy!
  14. Nice post! Most of the time beer goes wrong it has to do with sanitation, but the bugs that infect your beer will not kill you...just ruin your brew. lol You may wish you were dead though after all that work.
  • Create New...