HybridZ

Got some new brakes...

Sure thing. I'm not going to be using the stock booster, since the two cylinders will sit too close together. The setup will require both a new brake pedal as well as a new clutch pedal, as the factory pedal box contains those two pedals and will have to be deleted. My biggest concern at this point is that the floorpan and trans tunnel may interfere with these pedals, since they don't have bends as the factory ones do. I may be able to compensate by moving them around a bit though.

I'll be sure to take lots of pics as I go.

I replaced my brake and clutch pedals with a Tilton set a couple of years ago. The biggest problem I ran into was clearing the steering column. With the brake to the right of it, the pedal hit the gas pedal. On the left, there is no hope of heel toeing. I am really happy with the setup though and it compliments the AZC brake kit amazingly well. I love the feel. I am half tempted to go dual masters on my street car now.

Well, my car's RHD, and is receiving a newer Toyota turbocharged engine (i.e., the turbo will be right in front of the cylinders), so this will, I hope, give me some much needed clearance. I'm hoping that I won't run into too many problems with clearance, especially with the transmission tunnel. It's wider on the passenger side, and as the factory clutch pedal is part of the same box that the brake pedal is in, I'll have to replace both. Unfortunately, the Wilwood piece isn't tilted at the bottom to account for this as the factory pedal is.

Hurdle number one, I suppose. I'll be starting on it soon. I have to get a few things done for work, but hopefully I can start making templates for the new firewall plate to mount the pedals to.

Only now did it suddenly dawn on me the problem you pointed out, Wondersparrow. I'm now wondering if the brake pedal will clear my steering column with any difficulties. I'm suspecting I'm going to run into some problems there, since the pedal isn't curved in any way...I'll have to check on that in the morning.