HybridZ

hei tac issues

hello im vigo i have a 1975 280 with a sb 350 just installed a hei and now my tac dose not work i was runing a stock gm non hei with a unilight swap .... i have all the proper gauge wire ran and have checked the connections ... while im not new to working on this z ( my dad bought it new in 75 ) i am know trying to fix all the things that have gone wrong while the car has set up not being driven in the last few years the v8 was droped in 15+ years ago so now its up to me ( with the help of yall ) to figure out all the bugs :P

hello im vigo i have a 1975 280 with a sb 350 just installed a hei and now my tac dose not work i was runing a stock gm non hei with a unilight swap .... i have all the proper gauge wire ran and have checked the connections ... while im not new to working on this z ( my dad bought it new in 75 ) i am know trying to fix all the things that have gone wrong while the car has set up not being driven in the last few years the v8 was droped in 15+ years ago so now its up to me ( with the help of yall ) to figure out all the bugs :P

Provided the tachometer has not been damaged, I think that MSD ignition has adapters that go between the HEI and Tach that clean up the signal from the HEI to the Tach.

Provided the tachometer has not been damaged, I think that MSD ignition has adapters that go between the HEI and Tach that clean up the signal from the HEI to the Tach.

Talk to MSD product support and they should be able to suggest the proper adapter.