HybridZ

Custom Tail lights made with acrylic?

That is Rockin!! I have been wondering how custom car builders make their lenses. Mine would be of a longer length and will probably take lots of custom trial designs prior to final product. I may make custom tails for other vehicles. Thanks for showing me this!

Sure it can be done JDM style, but they you lose some of the Z flavor. Now if someone was reproducing the JDM Euro 240Z tailights especially in crystal shades, I'm sure there would be a LOT of interrest. I certainly would be. But finding a set to take apart might not be so easy. The process they used doesn't look paritularly difficult, but it might still be cheaper to talk to Klearz and just a group price to recreat the lenses that way you wouldn't have to invest in a setup you're not going to use often. Though I can think of a few non-available 240Z parts that would be Very nice to have someone start producing...

msa sells repo jdm 240z tail lights for $900. i think the price threw everyone off. if you make them as close as OEM and price is half of mas, you'll have a lot of interest.

http://www.thezstore.com/page/TZS/PROD/LNP03/33-1168

i find msa way too expensive. i aslo heard the person who made got them repo wouldn't rock it on his car.

• 2 months later...

Quite true, I dunno why you brought this back from the dead. But I'm sure if somone talked to Klearz they could make some 2 part light sets, you'd have to provide a set they can cut up though, unless you want something different. nonstandard custom gets a little more interresting, but with my 3d printer Reprap I might be able to print something that could then be moulded and poured in clear. I'll need a finer printhead I think. Post some drawings and we can see what's possible .