HybridZ

Head gasket suggestions turbo tom, P30block, E31 head

texis30O

I have my motor torn apart. All of this is because I found some leaks out of the head gasket ( 31years old). I am currently running a E31 head, that has been reworked, o-ringed, racer brown cam, valve job, and other things. It is on a P30 block from a 260, with custom made Aeris pistons that is balanced and blueprinted. I have a Turbo Tom kit on the car with water injection which I am gong to start using methanol in it instead.

Gasket suggestions? I have not been able to find out what the differences are between the P90 head gaskets and the gaskets for the E31. If there are differences in a turbo vs. non-turbo gasket. I know that the motor was built for low compression to be able to run high boost. I believe 7.5:1 or 8:1. Can someone tell me if I put a 1mm gasket on the block will that further lower compression? What gasket should I use?

Sorry for my ignorance,I have used the search function.

Check the head gasket you pulled off---chances are great it was simply a Nissan Gasket with O-Ring clamping the fire ring area (very common mod then, works fine no water leaks...)

If it's not 1mm now, I wouldn't waste the money on a metal gasket now if this one has lasted that long.

A 1mm gasket WILL lower your compression somewhat.