HybridZ

Took the plunge...17x11-315/35/17 & 17x10-255/40/17

Hey all,

Thought I'd share my decision and dread...

After years of torment and indecision I took the plunge.

Fronts are going to be 17x10 with Nitto NT555 255/40/17 tires

Rears are going to be 17x11 with Nitto NT555 315/35/17 tires

If I've done my math correct and measured everything correctly (checking ride height, lock to lock, and full compression) I should be close with 5.25" back spacing all around.

I will be running 5lug 300z turbo front hubs, my own custom front brakes with wilwood 6 piston calipers, TTT rear suspension with 5lug Q45 hubs, R230 diff from 300zx TT, monster 28 spline hardened axles and cv's, my own coil-overs and Z-force wide flares. I have not yet sectioned the struts, my goal right now is to get her on the ground running she's been up in the air for 3 years now. Once running I will start on my other set of struts and section them, then swap them in.

Will I be cutting the car, o-yea, Kills me but I must. The rear will have to be cut and patched up quite a bit, but the fronts look like I might just be able to get away without much cutting, just a light trim on the front edge of the front fender well should do it. And may be a light kiss of the grinder to the frame sheet metal where the front tires get close (just in front of the sway bat mount)

I've attached a few mockup pics for your view pleasure....

Cross your fingers boys its time to **** or get off the pot so to speak, heheheheheh

Please resize pics to 1024x800 (aprox.) (max.

Thanks.

Edited by RB26powered74zcar
Rules violation: pics too large

Thought I add this:

If you look at the picture on the lower right you will see a grey plastic thingy, its from Piercy its a tire and wheel estimator so that you can sweep the inside of you fenders, turn your wheels, compress your suspension and check for clearance's.

My .02$ on this tool is this, its a pretty good tool, but you really need to measure the actual tires and wheels at a store in order to 100% confident about your clearances.

For example even though I can set the tool to mimic a 11" wheel, the tool mimics it from the bead face of the wheel, not the outer most edge of the wheel. In my case a 11" wheel is really 12.125" (12-1/8") from outer edge to outer edge, that could really mess you up with backspacing.

In addition you have to really watch the spec sheets from the tire manufactures, so will measure the width as "section width" & others will measure the tires width as "Over all width". Section width is from the beginning outer most inner most tread to the outermost tread end, and over all width is from the outer most part of the inner sidewall to the outer most part of the outside sidewall, not including any tire letters and text height. That tool could mess you up so be carfull.

Lawfair disclaimer.... I'm not an expert, so check you numbers and if possible measure from real tires and wheels at your local store if possible....

Are you using slip over lug rotors on the front or will they bolt to the back of the hub? I'm really interested in what your brake setup is going to look like behind those monsters!

Hey there Rag's,

If I understand correctly, yes I will be using slip over lug wheels, however I will be making some hubcentric adapters so things center up correctly every time.

I will post pics once mounted...