HybridZ

Driving lights went out.

Hi, I have a 73 240z with a chevy v8 in it and a GM 3 wire alternator. The driving lights were running fine for a long time, since I put the new alternator in. Yesterday, my driving lights wouldn't turn on and I flipped the switch again and they worked. Today, the driving lights won't turn on. I also noticed that when I use my left blinker, the rear light (in the taillight) will only blink sometimes. Can anyone please help me find the problem, and where to find it? This is my daily driver. I run HID's on relays, so those still work.

Thanks for any help. This is my daily driver so I need to find the problem asap!

• 4 weeks later...

If its like my 76 there is a white power wire on top of the steering column that has tension on it. I had a bad headlight ground so it pulled extra current, heated up the wire, and unsoldered itself. I re soldered it and a couple days later off it came. I'm just going to run all my lights through relays since its all old wireing anyway. BTW-all the interior and marker lights went out when this particular wire popped off, but under that plastic is a lot of wiring under tension.

good luck