HybridZ

sr20 differences?

Owen C.

I was just curious if there were any mjor differences between the sr20det's from japan and the ones in the sentra SER. Im sure the compression in the ser motor is higher than the turbo version but if I was just looking for a core to build I was thinking it might be a little cheaper to pick up.

Thanks for the link. I didn't realize there were so many variations. I want to get my project going so badly but money and a proper place to do it is putting it on hold. The best thing I can do is educate myself as much as possible.

If you want to be cheap... don't do SR20 LoL.

But, if you want to go the SR20DET route... you'll want an JDM S13 Redtop SR20DET for the lowest costs associated, but with low knowledge of the SR platform, make sure to read read read, and there is a ton of info, especially from all the 240sx swap guys as well.

• 1 month later...

If you want to be cheap... don't do SR20 LoL.

But, if you want to go the SR20DET route... you'll want an JDM S13 Redtop SR20DET for the lowest costs associated, but with low knowledge of the SR platform, make sure to read read read, and there is a ton of info, especially from all the 240sx swap guys as well.

Yea! What he said.. "The more you know, the less you blow (up motors)" HAH. Story of my life.

Good luck and hope you're able to find all of your resources.