HybridZ

Been a while ...

Z-Gad

Been a while since my last update, so figured I would drop a few lines...

After much deliberation, I sold the TH400 out of the car over the winter. Meanwhile, I picked up a Getrag 6-speed and an Exedy triple disc clutch to put behind the 2JZGTE. I had to have a telescoping driveshaft w/ 1350 u-joints, and adapter made to go from the Getrag output flange to the R230 Armada diff. Parts picture is here...

http://forums.hybridz.org/uploads/1308347411/gallery_119_955_272370.jpg

When I did the initial install, I routed much of the wiring through the clutch master opening, so I have plenty of re-wiring to do <sigh>

My methanol tank is also mounted where the clutch master cylinder will be as well, so that'll have to be moved or removed for the time being. I haven't had the car on the road since last fall, so hopefully, I'll be able to get some enjoyment out of it before summer ends :burnout:

More to come, as the 6-speed swap progresses...

Regards, Mike

Edited by Z-Gad

The TH400 setup out of the car offset the trans, but still had to get the driveshaft and multi-disc clutch :rolleyes:

I try not to think about what I have spent on the car. It just takes some of the fun out of it LOL!!

• Like 1

Hey Gabe, good to hear from you as well :-)

Regretably, I did not get to best the 8.91 time before swapping out the auto. I relocated to PA, and was faced with dragsrtrip tech Nazi's that I had not encountered in Florida. I guess that's what happens in Domestic country. I mean, they wanted me to put a wall between the front of the car and the hatch area of the car. It wasn't important enough for me to run on their track, so the car is going to do more street duty, so it is getting some more comfy seats and I may just put in all the plastic interior pieces, some sound deadening and a radio. Maybe I'll look into some autocross or track days for a change of pace.

What new w/ you ?

Mike