HybridZ

RHD brake/clutch lines?

I would say that estimate on the price is fair if the car doesn't have the dashboard!

With a dash, even cracked to death, it's worth another $100 at least. Anything below $500 would probably be a fair price for what he's showing.

Frankly, I tried that with someone who was 'parting' a Fairlady one time. He was CONVINCED he would make more money with 99 cent reserve auctions on E-Bay. After winning the first, I offered him $500 for the entire car sight unseen--and asked for photos. He blew me off.

I then proceeded to buy the dashboard for $48. The steering column with combination switch for 99 cents. The entire heater/AC system for 99 cents. Entire PEDAL CLUSTER for 99 cents! The shipping was not marked up as usual for the low-reserve options. In all I bought like $150 worth of parts off the car(shipping included!!!( LOL) If he would have even responded to my comments to send photos I would have given him a LIST of stuff to take and paid whatever he wanted, or $500 whichever. Some guys can't see the forest for the trees sometimes. There is stuff on those cars that, while not particularly glamorous, just CAN'T be found. For instance, the driver's side latch on a 2+2 seat... Think about it! :huh:

It's like me going to the ZCON one year and a judge asking me about where they could take points off on a Fairlady Z... Looked inside and said "wrong console"---the cover hinged open to the LEFT. All the guy really needed to do was move the hinges and blocker plates...but he didn't. That's one you can 'fix' if you buy a complete new part. But try finding those electric mirror adjustment knobs and proper mounting bracket! (Hint: 200SX...)

The big parts are EASY, it's the SMALL STUFF that ends up killing you! (Both in terms of a good conversion, and in costs!)