HybridZ

260z Spark Issue, Low Orange Spark, wiring issue? Picture inside

Well, my 1974 260z started and ran a few times since I got it It ran this week actually. I recently pulled the engine out and painted it, and did a some what restoration on the engine bay.

So recently:

1. New NGK plugs

2. New Duralast Wires

3. Coil is Old looking and it has signs of being 5-10 years old. (Have a newer coil will change soon)

4. Cap and Rotor seems okay, but probably old (Will change soon)

Issue:

1. Didn't want to start. It tries and I can hear it fire on a cylinder or two

2. I had spark jumping through the wire and randomness. (I believe it was running 12v through the coil thus the Jumps)

3. NOW I have the wiring set as pictured below, and the "extra Black/White wire is not in use) Some sparks at the spark plugs seem "Stronger" some are Faint and weak.

Orange / Weak spark Overall. Some stronger, some very weak.

Please see the picture below and let me know "WHERE Does the extra "BLACK/ WIRE GO TO?" (i assume to the Positive of the coil? AND if my wiring looks correct. The previous owner did a lot of "mikey mouse" wiring, and I've had to clean it up as much as I can, and FSM and Haynes etc, don't seem to have "condenser" and other things.

Correct? Wrong? Please Let me know. THANKS!

260zcoilr.jpg

Edited by Ducer