HybridZ

Fender Mirror Pics / Instalation Questions

Fender mirrors certainly add a snazzy Euro look! However, for anyone contemplating this mod, something to keep in mind....

Unless the mirrors are mounted in such a way as to permit easy removal, they can really be a pain in the *ss when working on the engine. Think about how much time you've spent bending over a fender while working in the engine compartment, and then imagine what it would be like with a mirror mounted on the fender exactly where you were leaning for 2 hours.

I've had fender mirrors on my Z for over 4 years, and I've never found them to be in my way when working on the engine. Are you speaking from experience or speculation?

Nigel

....add a snazzy Euro look!

Only if you're smoking the same "crack" as ZT-R thinks some of us are. No such factory mirrors were used on the 'Euro' market S30-series models.

Think about how much time you've spent bending over a fender while working in the engine compartment, and then imagine what it would be like with a mirror mounted on the fender exactly where you were leaning for 2 hours.

On the contrary. I find the fender mirrors are a great place to rest my crack pipe whilst working on the car...

However, it's most important that they are the correct Factory long-stalk, S30-specific type ( installed in the correct positions, of course ) and not anything else.

• Like 1

I've had fender mirrors on my Z for over 4 years, and I've never found them to be in my way when working on the engine. Are you speaking from experience or speculation?

Nigel

What brand are your black ones? I've been hunting around for a set like those.

Blair,

The correct ( early ) S30-specific fender mirrors have a noticeably longer 'stalk' than the 510 and C10 versions, and the stalk sits at a very slightly different angle on the base to the others too. When you see them all side-by-side it is easy to spot the difference.

I bought a set of what I may have incorrectly assumed were S-30 mirrors. Mine are part numbers 96301-E4100 and 96302-E4100.

96301 and 96302 with the E4100 suffix are the correct, earliest type, fender mirrors for the S30-series Z. You've got the right ones.

Alan, the numbers listed below-for the black mirrors? I have the chrome/stainless mirrors on my z but do not know the numbers for them and think I remember reading somewhere they are not the correct mirrors for the s30, just black-is that accurate?

Do you know the part numbers for the chrome/stainless models?

Blair,

The correct ( early ) S30-specific fender mirrors have a noticeably longer 'stalk' than the 510 and C10 versions, and the stalk sits at a very slightly different angle on the base to the others too. When you see them all side-by-side it is easy to spot the difference.

96301 and 96302 with the E4100 suffix are the correct, earliest type, fender mirrors for the S30-series Z. You've got the right ones.