HybridZ

turbo swap in late 260z question

I'm finishing up my turbo swap ( as I type this) and i have one more wire to run , but not sure where to put it. switched power wire its the black and white switched power wire(on the far right in the picture). does any one know the color of the late 260z's switched power wire on the harness in the engine bay? I pulled the tape and seen 3 black and white wires(two the same gauge and 1 a little bigger), I want to say its one of these but im not sure. If it is the bigger gauge black and white wire, it is factory spliced into two blue wire when i traced it..... On a side note but its not important does any know the constant power color?

Edited by cd1105

FSM wiring diagram will let you trace what you need. A power-on check with a meter will tell you the same thing for sure.

You're looking for something that doesn't exist in a Datsun: a given wire color that means the same thing all the time.

You will have a wire which is hot for one use...that same color is a switched hot for something else.

About the only thing that might be constant is that black usually is a ground wire. But not always, depending on the circuit being probed.

Personally, I'd flick on the power with the key, and find the power source that way.

FSM wiring diagram will let you trace what you need. A power-on check with a meter will tell you the same thing for sure.

You're looking for something that doesn't exist in a Datsun: a given wire color that means the same thing all the time.

You will have a wire which is hot for one use...that same color is a switched hot for something else.

About the only thing that might be constant is that black usually is a ground wire. But not always, depending on the circuit being probed.

Personally, I'd flick on the power with the key, and find the power source that way.

Thank you.

Good Luck! You should have a good source in a few seconds after you get the meter in action.

Where 'switched power' comes from is not that critical on the stock ECU's like it is on a MS conversion. Pick a noisy line for a MS and it can cause problems... :lol: