HybridZ

Might buy a S30 need some insight

Hello there everyone, don't post on the S30 section too much as I don't own a S30 but I got a chance to buy a S30 from a guy that I know. I did some research of my own just to get somewhat of a feel of what I'm getting myself into.

The Z is a 1973 240z from what he told me so far, all original still has the motor in it will start and run but needs a radiator, needs the carbs Fixed, has some rust on the floorboards and on the usual spots prone to rust. So here is the deal he wants $550 for it but is willing to sell it to me for $400 bucks, not only do I get the car but I also get a VQ35 both car & VQ for $400. The VQ needs new Valves as they are bent, needs a plenum, wiring harness, computer & the tranny. The VQ has aftermarket cams already done to It mileage is around 50-60k not sure on year.

So my question really is would you guys jump on it, or would it be too much of a hassle to fix up the VQ and get all what I need to do an engine swap? Not to worried about the Z it would be a great first actual project for me, oh and the VQ will be going in my 280zx not the 240z.

Any feedback is greatly appreciated!

Thanks guys for the fast responses, I've Always wanted a 240z since it's one of my dream cars and I knew it was a heck of a deal just wanted to get a professional opinion on it.

Doubling my money if the car is unrepairable or affordable to me is a great idea, but I really do hope I can turn it into a DD.