HybridZ

Differance between 75 and 72 control arms?

Hello, I have a basic question I dont seem to have an answer for. I am in the middle of finishing my build on my 72 240z. I want to powder coat the control arms and springs / mustache bar etc. My question is I have a 75 rear setup just laying around, and wanted to blast it and powder coat those pieces and do a swap. Is there any differance between the two to interchange? Is there a differance in spring height or strength? Will the hubs interchange? I do believe the bushings would be the same. Or should I just take off the conteol arms and springs out of my 72 and just use those. I know this has probably have been done or atleast asked before, so any help would be preferred. Thanks,

DatsunZman04 :2thumbs:

There is only one difference. If you check the steel structure around the outer bushing holes, you see the 75 arms are somewhat more re-enforced in that area. So for the sake of additional strength, you could use the 75 arms, but really there is no significant difference for a street car. Use the set that is has the least overall damage and rust, determined AFTER you sand blast them. Good luck

The original poster's question doesn't match the title of his thread. He asked about everything, but only titled about control arms.

1975 is a 280Z. 1972 is a 240Z. There is quite a bit of difference for most of the components. Read #6 in this thread for a short summary - http://forums.hybridz.org/index.php/topic/101070-easy-r200-clsd-question-about-axles/page__pid__947746#entry947746

Edited by NewZed

Thanks for the quick responses, I just didnt want to tear my car apart piece by piece to blast and powder coat. I just wanted to do all the pieces then just do a swap in one days time. I see that the springs are differant and isolators. I guess my best bet would be to interchange the hubs and use my stock control arms. I just wanted to save some time and effort and glad i asked. Thanks for the info