HybridZ

Summit Racing PolyPro Seat

Two80z4me

Hey, I picked up a set of these Summit Racing PolyPro Highback Seats for free, I'm going to order the leather covers for them here soon so they aren't so plastic looking.

Any of you guys running these? For what they cost and how much they weigh you really can't beat them for bare bones track seats, and with the covers I think they'll look pretty sharp. Perfect for a Datsun, the shape is almost identical to that of the S30 stock seats, excellent dimensions for the Z Cock-pit.

Just have to fab up some kind of rails... but then again it wouldn't be for a Datsun if you didn't have to make it.

the covers I'm ordering expose the 5 pt harness holes however.

ran them years ago, I imagine same design as they were. And as for weight... Hell yeah those are light!!!!

How did you like them in your car? They sure aren't going to be nearly as comfy as the stock Z seats on my road trips to seattle, but hey its a sports car. haha

you said bare bones track seat! scrifices will be made to use these! some designs are down right painfull if you don't have them angled just right. my first set had almost a point in the back, first time I installed them I got a cut in my back from less then 5 miles. I readjusted them, and they were liveable. as for a street car, especially driving any distance DON"T DO IT! I did in mine, I was ok with it, but no one liked them but me. let me rephrase that everyone hated them, I thought they were boarderline, since the factory seats were 50th ae, as in HEAVY DINOSAURS

you said bare bones track seat! scrifices will be made to use these! some designs are down right painfull if you don't have them angled just right. my first set had almost a point in the back, first time I installed them I got a cut in my back from less then 5 miles. I readjusted them, and they were liveable. as for a street car, especially driving any distance DON"T DO IT! I did in mine, I was ok with it, but no one liked them but me. let me rephrase that everyone hated them, I thought they were boarderline, since the factory seats were 50th ae, as in HEAVY DINOSAURS

yeah, since I'm making custom rails I could always swap the seat back and forth between stock and these. Till I can buy Corbeau's that is...

I had these seats in my s30. when I originally built the car, it was only being driven a couple of miles around the beach and short cruises. It was horrible on my back. I chucked them after I drove them from MS to Houston, TX where I am now. I wound up finding some Honda Prelude seats and I now daily drive my z without any problems...other than the gasoline scent I have when I get to work.